Tuesday 14 October 2014

What Happens in Vegas...

Sorry kids, I totally missed last week’s post, but I have a good excuse! I was in Las Vegas with my BFF, and decided that shopping-adventuring-being weird was more important than blog-writing. #Priorities!

It’s hard to put Las Vegas into words, but over the last week I’ve tried. Kind of successfully… I’ve described it as “full of fake trees” (palm trees aren’t real trees to this Canadian), “so hot it made me sick” (in reference to the temperature change going into a/c-ed stores), “full of temptation" (I mean the Dior, YSL, and Louboutin boutiques), and my personal favourite “like walking around in a cloud of cancer” (in reference to the smoke anywhere you want rule). 

Surprisingly, once I got over being travel sick on the first day, I had a lot of fun. Lots of shopping, lots of sights to see, and lots of unusual people to be seen. More surprisingly, I only had to get cranky with one pushy club promoter. (He should know better than to repeat “Excuse me girls” over and over, as he will be told that he is in fact excused). For all the fun that I had though, I don’t think that I’ll go back for a long time; there are just too many places in the world that I haven’t been to yet (*cough* everywhere in Europe), so I’ll cross a good bunch of those off my list before I bother to go back to the City of Sin. 

Waking up in Vegas

You can't go to Vegas without seeing a Cirque du Soleil show.
We saw The Beatles Love at the Mirage!

Tigers and lions and dolphins, oh my!
(Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat)

Our hotel is very, very tall... And some people bungee jump off of it
(The Stratosphere)

We gambled a total of $4 while waiting for our table at 9 Fine Irishmen

Tears were shed... But our wallets stayed closed
(Crystals at Aria)

Those are just a sample of the many many many photos that I took during the trip, and if you’re so inclined to see the rest click the link RIGHT HERE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment