Tuesday 20 March 2012

It's my Party, and I'll cry if I want to


I’ve never been a big fan of birthdays. Not because of the whole age thing (I actually like getting older and growing up), but because every time I plan an awesome party it ends up getting ruined, and I wind up in tears. I remember the good old days of being a kid, when birthdays were awesome, and I always looked forward to them. My parents did all the planning, we invited everyone, I got lots of presents, we usually went bowling or swimming or something equally fun, there was CAKE, and at the end we all got goody bags full of toys and candy. I haven’t had birthday cake at my birthday in years, and adults should totally be allowed to have goody bags at their birthday parties! That way everyone leaves with fun random stuff! Maybe it’s time we took alcohol out of the equation, left the party-poopers at home, and went old school. We may be getting older, but I’m going to stay young at heart forever, just like Peter Pan!

In other news: it’s one of my BFFs birthdays today, so here’s a shout out to the craziest, most random, most amazingly awesome birthday girl ever! Happy birthday Liz, you’re old(er than me) © Someone had better take her out for birthday fun, since I’m not there to do it (I’m looking at you Garrett)! 


Liz & her fiancé Garrett (they're so cute!)

Did I mention that the lucky bitch just got engaged? At Disneyland, in front of the castle? Yeah, this is SO Liz's year!

No comments:

Post a Comment