Tuesday 21 February 2012

Your 20s are to Learn the Lessons


image borrowed from this website


It’s just a little tv show, supposedly about sex in NYC, but it’s been one of the most inspiring things I’ve ever known. Sex and the City is about a lot more than just sex; it’s about love, friendship, laughter, adventures, and of course fashion! I could write an entire book on my favourite quotes/moments from Sex and the City, but I’ll distill it down to a few of my favourites so you don’t get overwhelmed.

image from here
“Don’t laugh at me, but maybe we can be each other’s soul mates, and men can just be these great guys to have fun with.” ~ Charlotte

The most important people in my life are my friends, and a guy is just lucky to come in somewhere down the line. I don’t like the idea of being reliant on a man for my happiness, and friendships tend to be more stable than men. Sorry guys, but there’s a reason why I’m still best friends with my best friends. Two of them I’ve known since I was a Star Wars-obsessed child, and two of them I’ve known since my awkward high school years, and even though we have our ups and downs and sometimes don’t talk for years, they’ll always be my favourite people. They’re just as weird and strange as I am, they get me, and that’s why we’re still together. You know who you are bitches <3

image from here
“I have a broken toe, not a broken spirit.” ~ Samantha

It might be the hardest thing to do, but somehow we just have to keep going. Giving up is for the weak, and giving in to hardships isn’t going to help you grow as a person. Sometimes flaws can be good things, and the hurts that we’ve suffered in the past are what make us the strong people we are today. Sure, take a moment of weakness, but turn it around and work it out. Trust me, eventually you’ll look back and laugh.



image from here
“How did it happen that four such smart women have nothing to talk about but boyfriends? It's like seventh grade with bank accounts.” ~ Miranda

Sorry to burst your bubble Miranda, but we talk about boyfriends, and will continue to do so because it’s entertaining. Sure, a deep philosophical conversation is nice, and the topic of books is always popular in my circle, but men (or in most cases, boys) are a never-ending subject matter. Whether we’re bitching about how annoying they are or gushing about how this adorable guy just asked us out, we’ll never drop the subject. Maybe we’ll stop when we get married, but I’m pretty sure guys magically start being perfect when they put a ring on it, so good luck stopping the guy-gossip! And really, we’re only in our 20s. Marriage is for saps anyways!

image from here
“Some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.” ~ Carrie

I’m just going to say it: this is what was wrong with every single one of my past relationships. I will not be changed by a man, and I refuse to be anything but my wild and intense self. It’s not my fault they can’t keep up! Here’s a hint boys: start running. Maybe someday you’ll catch up with my awesomeness.    

No comments:

Post a Comment