Sunday 6 October 2013

7 Reasons Why: a (Birthday) Sunday Shoe Story


Because in the beginning, when I refused her Skittle, she didn’t take no for an answer.

Because of this song. 


Because she talked me into skipping study hall and going shoe shopping, and would always talk me into buying strange and outlandish outfits. True story: I blame (and applaud) her for the red velvet leopard dress.

Because when I wanted to do an impromptu fashion photoshoot at the nudist beach she didn’t say no. In fact, she drove. 


Because she has never missed a birthday, and her presents usually come filled with glitter. I almost don’t mind the mess that said glitter leaves everywhere.

Because she didn’t strangle me when I scooped this vintage pair of Carlos Falchi heels right in front of her on a thrifting adventure.

"'Carmen" by Carlos Falchi

Just because. Some things change, but my Aina will always be the same. Maybe an older and more fabulous version, but still the same. Happy birthday Duck, and here’s to the next 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment