Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Does the Noise in my Head Bother You?: the Terrible Twos

Bonjour to all my loyal readers, I have now returned! As I predicted, September was kind of a gongshow, and I went m.i.a. from my web-mistress duties. But things have settled (as much as they’re going to), and regular posts shall resume! I’m quite excited about all the awesome things that I have planned to show you lot; sparkly things, leopard print things, neon things, more sparkly things, musical things, expensive things, vintage things, and even more sparkly things. Unlike the traditional “terrible twos” my blog shall be filled with all things awesomesaucepants! For example, this month is going to be dedicated to four musical artists/bands that I find most inspirational when it comes to fashion. I’m not going to tell you who they are, because that would ruin the surprise, but suffice to say they’re pretty damn awesome! Hint: the title of this post is a nod to a certain autobiography by the frontman of this week’s band.

December 1989, a few months before I turned two
(and my rule as a only child ended with the arrival of sister #1)

It’s not really a surprise to most people that I was a precocious child; my first word was “no,” I was up and about exploring, I pulled things out of the fridge, I got into dad’s beer, and I pulled the dog’s ears. Ironically, I loved bath time and swimming adventures in the public pool and hot tub, I slept through the night, I didn’t need a soother (my thumb sufficed), and I played with books in a non-destructive manner. I figure that this behavior reveals something about my adult nature: I’m more interested in finding things out for myself than making others do them for me, exploring new things is fun in a safe environment, and I choose my words carefully before speaking. Some people say I complain a lot and that I’m pretty weird, but you’re all only seeing about 10% of my total whine-capacity and strangeness. Barely the tip of the iceberg. Trust me, you couldn’t handle the other 90%! 

No comments:

Post a Comment