Sunday 19 January 2014

Let me Take you There: a Sunday Shoe Story


Besides books, my favourite way of experiencing other cultures is through food. I grew up being an extremely picky eater, but I have since broadened my horizons to encompass all kinds off foreign food. I’ve eaten my way through the Ukraine (cabbage rolls), Japan (donburi), China (deep fried squid), and Greece (souvakli), but my favourite place to travel through food is Italy. Pasta, garlic bread, sausage, and most importantly: pizza!

Most people don’t consider pizza to be very exciting, but I ask you, how many of you actually make your own pizza? From scratch. Well, I do, and contrary to what everyone seems to think, it’s one of the easiest recipes ever. So easy in fact, that I don’t consider my recipe to be at all secret (like my recipe for triple chocolate orgasm cookies). So today you’re all getting a free trip to Italy, courtesy of my pizza recipe!


Ingredients
1 cup flour (white, whole wheat, or a mix)
1 ½ tsp yeast
1 ½ tsp sugar (optional)
¼ tsp salt
½ cup warm water
1 tbsp vegetable oil

toppings (seriously, go wild)

Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl dissolve yeast, sugar, and salt in the warm water. Add oil, then flour, and mix well. Should make a soft dough, but add more flour if it’s too sticky to knead. [This is the part when you’re supposed to knead and let the dough rise, but I don’t because I prefer a thin, crispy crust. Feel free to knead dough for a few minutes and let rise for 15 minutes if you disagree.] Roll out dough and place on a baking sheet (I usually add a bit of oil to the sheet, so that the crust doesn’t stick). Add whatever ingredients you want for toppings – I’m a big fan of the “everthing in my fridge that could possibly taste good on a pizza” method. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.

And while you’re waiting for your delicious pizza to cook, use that time to plan out your outfit for tomorrow! It saves time, and distracts you from the pizza, because waiting for a pizza to cook is the longest 15-20 minutes of your life. 


Be Wild boots; Dior purse; vintage necklace; Seductions tights; Kensie skirt; Dotti shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment