Sunday 12 January 2014

The Woman: a Sunday Shoe Story




Just because I’m wearing a skirt, doesn’t mean you can hit on me.
Just because I read fantasy novels, doesn’t mean you can pigeonhole my literary opinions.
Just because I wear high heels, doesn’t mean I can’t run from you (or use those pointed toes as a weapon).
Just because I don’t answer your question, doesn’t mean you can lecture me.
Just because I smile and say “good morning,” doesn’t mean that I want to hear your life story (or tell you mine).
Just because I wear makeup and shave my legs, doesn’t mean it’s for you.

Just because I’m a woman, doesn’t give you a right to think of me as weak.

Just because you’re a man, doesn’t mean you’re not still a boy.
Time to grow up, children.



shoes by Aldo; dress by D&G; vintage pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment