Tuesday 22 January 2013

Restlessness, or You Can't Always Get What You Want




It's Tuesday morning here in snowy Halifax, and instead of working on homework or research or job applications I'm sitting here listening to dance-infused rap and blogging. Talk about productivity, eh? I'm secretly praying that school gets cancelled because of the snow, but we're Canadian and we don't get snow days...

Lately, I've been having a pretty hard time wanting to do anything productive. Sure, I always get things done (hello, I have a failsafe work ethic), but the truth is that all I want to do is buy a plane ticket to somewhere where the daylight lasts til 10pm, the air is balmy, and the trees are climb-able. Maybe it's just because it's the dead of Winter, but I've never wanted the freedom of summer more.

I should probably go back to working on things now... or maybe I'll sit here and watch another episode of Prison Break and eat a banana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment