Friday 22 July 2011

Traffico Marittimo


At first glance the Dolce and Gabbana website looks like an unorganized mess. It’s randomly sized sections are reminiscent of a newspaper front page with too many headlines screaming for attention. But once you actually scroll through the page it’s actually not that bad to navigate. Each new collection and category has its own link picture, so you just have to find the image that you want. While this may seem rather haphazard, it can actually be very handy. When I was looking for more information on the Animalier line I only had the ad to work with (with no idea what the collection was called or whether it was for clothes or something else), so all I had to do was look for the signature red leopard print to find the collection.

Another benefit of the D&G site is that when you select the link image you want to explore it opens up a new web screen. You can have multiple pop-up pages open from the main page, so there’s no clicking back and forward in the toolbar to try and navigate between sections. Not ever leaving the main page definitely makes it less confusing when you’re going through multiple categories and looking for something specific!

Unlike most other fashion house websites, the D&G site is bereft of an intro video. Sure, I like seeing video clips the first time I open a page, but when you’re coming back to the page on a regular basis it can be annoying to be halted by a video that either must be played through or actively skipped through to get to what you want. Intro videos can also slow down the load time of the page (obviously they take up more bandwidth), which for an impatient person like me is unacceptable. When I want something I want it NOW, so thanks D&G for getting me into your page efficiently!

Overall, I’m giving the D&G website a 4.5 out of 5, and I would highly recommend checking it out. Not only does it have all the info on the latest D&G fashion, makeup, and fragrance collections, it also has sections devoted to D&G’s involvement with the AC Milan football club, and their foray into the world of restauranteering!

No comments:

Post a Comment