Thursday 13 October 2011

Window Gazing: it’s a Tweedy Time of Year


photo from here

It’s that season again. It rains all the time, there’s a chill in the air, and winter coats are the deciding factor in our daily wardrobe choices. I for one, am happy for this change, because it gives me an excuse to pull out all of my adorable coats and throw on those adorable tweeds that channel Chanel. Taking a creative hint from one of my favourite Chanel ads Aina and I decided to recreate the look in our own ways.


Aina’s look is all about the lady-like suits that Madame Coco made fabulous. A man in a suit is handsome, but a woman in a suit is simply stunning.


My look is inspired by Chanel’s fabulous tweed. I mixed a herringbone tweed vintage jacket with poufed sleeves with a squared tweed mini-skirt from Suzy Shier to contrast textures before finishing the look with diamond-patterned stockings, multi-strand pearls, a satin headband, and simple ballet flats. Tweed isn’t just for the matriarch of the family anymore girls, I’m taking it back for the younger generation!

No comments:

Post a Comment