Wednesday 30 November 2011

F-a-a-abulous


photo from here

To understand exactly how fantastic the costumes are from The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert it would be a good idea if you all went out and watched the movie. No time you say? I said DO IT. So go do it. It’s worth it. To get you started (and hopefully hooked) here’s a run-down of some of my favourite outfits in the movie.

The boys hiked up a mountain in these ridiculously fabulous drag get-ups. Apparently it’s some important land feature in Australia, but I have no idea. Whatever. This scene is all about how amazing they look once they reach the top, feathered headdresses and all.

photo from here
At the beginning of the story there’s a funeral. Great way to start a movie right? But then again, Bernadette aka Terence Stamp in drag does the mourning look rather well. I don’t do hats (or veils…), but I rather like the look regardless.

My favourite (and I do mean favourite) part of this film is without a doubt when Adam aka Felicia aka Guy Pearce dresses up in a silver sequined onesie, and lip syncs opera on the giant sparkling shoe on top of their tour bus while driving through the desert. Ridiculous, and extravagant, and incredibly cinematic. Plus it appeals to my addiction to glitter >_>

photo from here
Tick aka Mitzi aka Hugo Weaving (aka Lord Elrond and Agent Smith) loses a game of snap to Felicia, and his punishment is a lap of a main drag, in drag. He does it in a ridiculous pink wig, dragtastic makeup, layered platform heels, and of course the shoe dress. It’s so ridiculous it’s fabulous.

photo from here
Last but not least is the grand finale show for the three travellers. They dress up as desert lizards, ostriches, and the Sydney Opera House, but what makes this scene is the fabulous makeup and abundance of feathers. I love the black and blue combo, and this shot makes me super jealous of Guy Pearce’s makeup artistry. 
photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment