Tuesday 1 November 2011

Think of a Wonderful Thought


image from here

This week is dedicated to my all-time favourite children’s book: J. M. Barrie’s Peter Pan. I love every single version of it that I’ve seen/read, from the satirical film Hook to the illustrated book by Greg  Hildebrandt. I was planning on having today’s rant be about how we should all hold onto some of our childhood innocence, but then I got distracted by the many beautiful little quotes from the various versions of Peter Pan. So I’m giving you a few of my favourites, and hopefully they’ll inspire you as much as they inspire me. (btw if you follow the link on Peter Pan it gets you to a free version of the text!)

You know that place between sleep and awake,
where you can still remember dreaming?
That’s where I’ll always love you.

Second star to the right, and straight on til morning.

Never say goodbye, because goodbye means going away,
And going away means forgetting.

When the first baby laughed, for the first time, 
and the laugh broke into a thousand pieces, 
and they all went skipping about. 
That was the beginning of Fairies.

All children, but one, grow up.

Never is an awfully long time.

Think of the happiest things, it’s the same as having wings.

Every time a child says “I don’t believe in fairies,” there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.

Bangerang Peter!

To live will be an awfully big adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment