|image from here|
One of my favourite movies, The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, is the inspiration for this week, and since the three main characters are always fabulous, I thought it would be fitting to share some of my style rules with you dear readers.
- Sweatpants are to be worn at the gym, when exercising, and at home. Even if they’re Lulu Lemons’ they should not be part of your regular wardrobe. It’s sloppy, and lazy, and tacky.
- Learn to colour coordinate. Or just wear black all the time. People will either think you’re really artistic, or really depressed, which is still better than looking like a rainbow mess.
- Keep your clothes on and pull your pants up. This is more for guys than girls, but seriously no one wants to see your underwear or your flab.
- Plan your outfits the night before. Checking the weather forecast only takes a minute, and then you’ll have plenty of time to figure out if you should wear the little Gucci dress, or the little Gucci dress.
- Don’t listen to the fashion magazines until you know how to dress yourself. Not everyone can pull of sequined skinny pants, and it’s better to be conservative than look a fool.
- Buy a full length mirror. They’re only $10 at Wal-mart, so wtf are you waiting for.
- Keep that razor away from your head. I’m not a fan of asymmetrical outfits, and I am not a fan of a half-shaved head. Bad hipster, bad!
- If it’s see through, it’s probably not for you.
- Unless you’re in the military, stay away from the camouflage fatigues. It’s not like camouflage hides you in the city, so it’s not helping you shake those stalkers!
- Learn how to walk in heels. It’s not that difficult, and it’ll immediately class up your outfit.
I could probably come up with 100 more how to be fabulous style rules, but we’ll leave it at 10 for now. Share yours in the comments!