Wednesday 1 June 2011

Sing Along

My favourite type of video game (those of the Rock Band and Guitar Hero genre) finally decided that it was time to get truly retro. Previously, there was Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s, and plenty of old-school downloadable content, but I’ve never really been satisfied. The decade that I’m talking about isn’t really “retro” in the true sense of the word (obviously the 70s and 80s are older), but it was the decade of my formative years, and it’s musical influence will never leave my iPod. In Band Hero, the first band-based Guitar Hero game, we see 90s musical gems from Robbie Williams and Kylie Minogue, No Doubt, and best of all the Spice Girls! There’s also lots of awesome pop content from previous decades that are perfect for this party game, like the classic from the Village People “Y.M.C.A”  and the Jackson 5’s “ABC.” I’ve been pretty lax on actually purchasing most of the new Guitar Hero/Rock Band games (hence why this game is the subject of a Wishlist Wednesday post), but it might just be time to pick up Band Hero. I do have a lot more time on my hands this summer, and I’m back together with my best rock band mates (Aina and Liz). What do you think girls, time for another night of moonlighting as rockstars??? I sure think so!


image from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment