It’s my good friend and fellow blogger Dan’s birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN YOU’RE OLD! Well not really that old, just older than me. Here’s a few things about Dan that you all might find amusing.
- Dan writes a blog called This Fucking Spaceship. It’s about music mostly, and other random things that Dan likes, and it’s quite funny. You should totally check it out.
- Dan used to be a supervisor at the same place I used to work at in Victoria, and technically that’s how we know each other, even though he had stopped working there long before I got hired.
- Dan likes unicorns. I mean, REALLY likes unicorns. It’s kind of charming, in a weird sort of way.
- Dan wears a lot of interesting clothes. Like the Saturday pants. They’re hilarious. I should probably do a proper fashion post on Dan’s weird wardrobe…
- Dan really likes food. He eats ALL THE TIME. Yet he’s the skinniest person I know. Which kind of makes me hate him for his fast metabolism.
|I told you he really likes unicorns!|
But today is Tuesday, and that means I have to complain about something, so we’re going to be talking about foods that I hate (since Dan really likes food). My mother has always considered me a picky eater, and I’m actually not as bad about it as I used to be. But I still have a large list of foods that I do not enjoy, and will not eat. Here are some of them (with some explanations, because I felt the need to justify why I dislike them).
- fake mayo aka Miracle Whip
- milk (texture bad)
- Crisco (butter is better)
- tomato sauce
- tomato soup
- cheap chocolate (though I’ll eat it anyways)
- large bagels (though I love mini bagels)
- coffee (but coffee blended beverages are nom)
- feta cheese
- low fat / zero calorie anything (
- cabbage (except in cabbage rolls)
- salsa (unless it’s mild)
- raisins (though I like them in cookies)
- lasagna (unless it’s super plain)
- fruit cake
- poached eggs
- deviled eggs
- eggs benedict
- kiwis (they make my tongue numb)
- lemons / real lemonade (makes my throat sore)
- strawberry ice cream (we made strawberry ice cream from scratch with homegrown strawberries, and nothing will ever compare)
That’s actually a pretty short list of complaints from me, considering how much I normally complain… I’m sure there are more foods that I dislike, but that’s all for now! Are there any foods that you can't stand? No one actually likes everything do they? That would just be weird...
Dan, I hope you're eating something delicious (or many delicious things), since birthdays should always include awesome food ♥ Hopefully your present has gotten to you in the mail by now!